My life is full of those tragic events that make a good story when they happen to someone else so when my husband left me pregnant and alone, I hoped I could use the pain of my abandonment and confronting my childhood abuse to help others.
I began my blog about a month ago by writing randomly about when my husband left me and about being pregnant and alone, but now that I am getting used to how blogs work, it is time for me to focus on what I really want to accomplish here. I want to provide help to those who find themselves as I did suffering from abandonment, pregnant and alone, scared, confused, and hurt beyond belief.
I do not want this to be a place where I bash my ex or the other woman, although the very human side of me would love to do that. I want to make this a place of building up rather than tearing down, but truthfully there must be some of that to maintain honesty and realism and because sometimes we must tear down in order to rebuild bigger and better.
Also, while I write for women, to women, and with a women’s perspective, I am all too aware that men can find themselves in similar situations and can occasionally be at an even greater disadvantage than we women when they are the victims of spousal abandonment. If you are a man reading this whose wife left, you are in my prayers. I hope you can translate what you find here to fit your situation and find hope and healing as well.
That said, my goals for this blog are multi-layered:
- to provide support, healing, hope, and understanding to you if you are a woman whose husband left or a man whose wife left.
- to be a place where women who are pregnant and alone and scared or depressed can get support, healing, hope, understanding, and resources to help with their crisis pregnancies, childbirth, and the raising of those precious children.
- to be a place where single parent families, especially those that do not fit our societal ideals of what a family “should” look like, can go for understanding, hope, and help.
- to (hopefully, optimistically) enact change to make a better world for those affected by single parenting.
- to share the minutiae of our life, the good, the bad, the ugly, and hopefully the amusing tales that keep us laughing through the dark moments which must come less and less frequently as time passes.
- to look at mistakes I have made, to confront the abuse I faced as a child, and to share those experiences so that those mistakes are not repeated by me or by my readers. To the readers who have experienced the pain of abuse – I share my experiences, coming out of my comfort zone, out of my shadows, so that you will know you are not alone and that you are loved purely. I hope you gain strength through those facts.
- to give glory to God without whom I would not have survived the pain.
If you find yourself experiencing abuse, neglect, or abandonment, if your husband left, if you are pregnant and alone or raising an out of the box family with little help, I hope you find my blog insightful and informative. Please let me know what you think or how I can serve better.
You are not alone. You are loved.
God Bless you on your journey… ________________________________________________________________________
The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ask God for help.
1 Timothy 5: 5