October – November – December
Death of Another World Dictator & the Official End of the Iraq War
The Year in review continues with the death of Muammar Gaddafi and the announcement that US troops would pull out of Iraq. A country facing war fatigue met this announcement with mixed emotions. Most Americans were glad to have the troops come home. Many expressed concern that new violence would ensue in the region and almost immediately this proved to be the case. US President Barak Obama told Americans he would fulfill a campaign promise by ending the Iraq War and did so in December of 2011. I am hoping he remembered to tell the Taliban that and that they accepted this with no retribution for Americans or innocent people in the region.
North Korea Loses Its Evil Dictator Too
And finally, I think there will be some gathering in hell this New Year’s Eve as Kim Jong Ill went to meet his brothers bin laden and ghadafi. Although there was crying in the streets of North Korea, most of the world was glad to see this cruel dictator leave the planet. We hope the people of North Korea will be treated more humanly by Kim Jong Ill’s son, that they will be given food and freedom from torture, but when the government has control it seems highly unlikely and our hearts go out to the North Koreans as we also pray the new dictator will not try to prove himself through the use of nuclear weapons.
Links to All Posts in this Series:
- First in the Series, My Year in Review – World Events & My Year in the Life of a Single Mother, gives readers a recap of 2011 from January through June. It includes a look into both personal and world events.
- An introduction to the second half of the year which proved to be too long to put in one post, My Year in Review II can be reached here.
- My Year in Review World Events July – Septmeber covers just that, World events, July – September and my take on them.
- My Year in the Life of A Single Mother July – September gives readers a look into life of a single mother faithfully dealing with her impending divorce, foreclosure, failure of the system, and five beautiful boys.
- Covering World Events from October through the end of the year, My Year in Review World Events October – December takes a look at 2011 events which shape our world from around the globe.
- Surprised by how far we’ve come and how much farther we still need to go and the joys 2011 has brought, My Year in Review – A Year in the Life of a Single Mom walks readers through the end of 2011.