This Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for. Here are just a few of the many things I am including in my prayers of thanksgiving this year:
7. Food, Shelter, Transportation, Clothing – Thank you Lord for providing us with these material goods. Thank you Lord especially for clothing and the ability to cover up what my five children have done to my aging, sagging, stretched out body! (
6. My Body & My Mind – After so much criticizing of my body in the last thankfulness note, I must make a point of thanking the Lord for the health and working of that aging, sagging, stretched out body and my mind which still works at least enough to provide me with a sense of humor and to remind me to be thankful for things that are less than perfect in my life.
5. The Troops – who protect our freedoms and give us opportunities we would not have in other parts of the world. Thank you also Lord for the families missing their Military loved ones.
4. Family – My mom and all the loud, crazy, exhausting crazy people whom I love. Thank you Lord that Family goes beyond blood and for blessing me with so many wonderful Family members.
* Haha Funny that I didn’t realize I’d said “crazy” twice until I went back hours later for the edit. Must be a reason crazy appears so often when I refer to Family, and so I’m leaving it!
3. My Boys – without them I’d have nothing to write about – Enough said! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 😀
2. Mary, Our Mother – I do not worship at the feet of Mary, but I can sit at her feet and look up to her. I am grateful to you Lord for having me Mary for the times my abuse made me fearful of, confused by, or hurt by men and I could not face God as man. Instead, the Lord allowed a sweet, gentle mother to pull me closer to His loving embrace and to show me how I, as a woman, could live in that state of Grace one day with the love of The Man, Jesus Christ.
1. My God – I am learning more every day about the love of our one perfect Father, the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and the strength provided by the Holy Spirit. I am grateful to be able to worship as I wish and to read the Bible using it as my life manual. I am thankful for the forgiveness of my Lord and the fact that because this is the day the Lord has madeI am learning to trust Him and be trustful of Him and happy in hope in any circumstance.
I would love to hear what you are thankful for. Please leave comments below year round! 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless…