Even before being left pregnant and alone, my life was full of those tragic events that make a good story … when they happen to someone else, so when my husband left me pregnant, I hoped I could use the pain of abandonment and experiences of abuse I’d endured to help others.
I began Single Mom Smiling about a month ago by writing randomly about when my husband left me and about being pregnant and alone, but now that I am getting used to how blogs work, it is time for me to focus on what I really want to accomplish here. I want to provide help to those who find themselves as I did suffering from Marital abandonment, crisis pregnancies, and aloneness. I want to help women who are scared, confused, and hurt beyond belief.
I do not want this to be a place where I bash my ex or the other woman, although the very human side of me would love to do that. I want to make this a place of building up rather than tearing down, but truthfully there must be some of that to maintain honesty and realism and because sometimes we must tear down in order to rebuild bigger and better.
Also, while I write for women, to women, and with a women’s perspective, I am all too aware that men also find themselves in similar situations. I believe men can occasionally be at a greater disadvantage than women when victimized by spousal abandonment. If you are a man reading this whose wife left you, you too are in my prayers. I hope you can translate what you find here to fit your situation to find hope and healing as well.
That said, my goals for Single Mom Smiling are multi-layered:
- to provide support, healing, hope, and understanding to women whose husbands have left and men whose wives have left.
- to be a place where women who are pregnant and alone, scared, or depressed can get support, healing, hope, understanding, and resources to help with their crisis pregnancies, childbirth, and raising those precious children.
- to be a place where single parent families, especially those that do not fit our societal ideals of what family “should” look like, find understanding, hope, and help.
- to (hopefully, optimistically) enact change to make a better world for those affected by marital abandonment, single parenting, no fault divorce, and the overall decline of morality, values, and faith in our world.
- to share the minutiae of our life, the good, bad, ugly, and amusing tales that keep us laughing through the dark moments which must come less and less frequently as time passes.
- to look at mistakes I have made, to confront the abuse I’ve faced, and to share my experiences so that my mistakes are not repeated by me or by my readers. To the readers who have experienced the pain of abuse – I share my experiences, coming out of my comfort zone, out of my shadows, so that you will know you are not alone and that you are loved purely. I hope you gain strength through those facts.
- to give glory to God without whom I would not have survived.
If you find yourself experiencing abuse, neglect, or abandonment, if your husband left, if you are pregnant and alone, or raising an out of the box family with little help, I hope you find Single Mom Smiling insightful and informative. Please let me know what you think or how I can serve better.
You are not alone. You are loved. God Bless you on your journey…
The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ask God for help.
~ 1 Tim 5:5
And, as always, thanks for commenting, liking, following, and sharing!
Are You Stuck? I’ve come a long way since this post and want to help you too!
Let me be your life coach!
1 Timothy 5: 5